Monday, March 2, 2009

Medicare ABN Update: March 1, 2009 Deadline

Doctors: March 1, 2009 is the implementation deadline for using the updated ABN form from Medicare! This post is simply to serve as a reminder to make sure you are in compliance with the latest Medicare requirements. Due to the complexity of the Medicare system; I will refer you to the ACA's website for additional information. This information is availible to you at:
http://www.acatoday.org/content_css.cfm?CID=2039. This link should give you acess to the new form as well as instructions in its use.
Dr. Sea

1 comment:

Dr. Tad said...

Thanks Dr. Sea, I didn't even know about the form. However I feel that the adjustment is the most important service I can provide, so I do not have any therapies, or if I have my staff teach an exercise it is not "another" service code or higher pay. I have a low New Patient fee, because I feel the NP fee is not my economic engine, I am not making a living off the NP fee. A re-exam does not cost extra, it is included in the adjustment for that day, which is the same as any other day. When I thought about it, the findings from a RE were for me, to decide if the person needed more care, less care or no care. After reading about the ABN, I'm glad I will probably rarely use it. Dr.Tad.